How to play streams and URLs
Supported Media Streams
Air Media Player supports playing media streams in the following protocols:
- HTTP: Regular Hypertext Transfer Protocol streams such as videos hosted on local servers or online websites.
- FTP: File Transfer Protocol streams such as videos hosted on remote servers on the internet.
- MMS: Media streams that are transmitted using the Microsoft Media Server Protocol.
- RTSP/RTP: Media delivered over IP via the Real-time Transport Protocol and Real-time Streaming Transport Protocol
Saving Media Streams
To save the media stream with Air Media Player, you will have to add two additional arguments for MPlayer in the Other section of the Settings Window:
- Add -dumpstream -dumpfile stream.mp4 as additional arguments for MPlayer where stream.mp4 is the name of the file that will be saved.
- Note: While saving the media stream, Air Media Player will not be able to play it simultaneously.
For more technical information on playing and dumping streams with MPlayer, take a look at MPlayer's streaming documentation.